Speed dating torquay devon
In 1959 part of the steam shed was converted to accommodate diesel multiple units and two years later Cathays closed to steam entirely, its allocation of steam locos being moved to Radyr.
The latter locomotive was acquired by the Great Western Railway from the Swansea Harbour Trust (SHT No 12) in 1924.As far as I am concerned, another visit will depend on whether President Putin keeps a promise he is said to have made to lift-link all the ski areas and so make one huge area big enough to rival the mighty linked resorts in the French Alps.TV diva Sarah Jessica Parker and her jealous co-star Kim Cattrall have been at each other’s throats for years.A bell is also carried by Collett's 0-4-0T dock shunter no 1103 behind it; this was built by the Avonside Engine Co, Bristol, in 1926 and spent all its life in and around Swansea docks.East Dock MPD was one of several in the Swansea area.The GWR rationalized the dock's shed facilities and concentrated the stabling of locos at East Dock shed or at Danygraig where the 1101 class provided motive power for the new Kings and Queens Docks.
The GWR continued to use the ex-P&M steam locomotives for shunting and short-trip freight train workings.
Having retired 5 years ago, Raymond is still interested in railways and occasionally photographs excursions.
He has a black and white photo of Swansea High St box (above) but is seeking a photo of Jersey Marine South signal box. Raymond can be contacted via email - [email protected](Below) Goodwick MPD (87J) can be seen in this general view of Fishguard and Goodwick station in June 1959.
Weighing just 38 tons 4 cwt, it had a tractive effort of 19,510lbs.
(Bottom Left) Another Danygraig loco, 0-4-0ST No 1151 - one of 2 members in the class - was photographed on the same day some fifty years after its introduction in 1907.
Coded 88A (1949-57) by BR's Western Region) the combined depots of Cathays and Radyr had a compliment of 82 locomotives, the majority of which comprised of 62 '56XX' Class 0-6-2Ts.